Vice President, Society Relations
We have an opportunity for an experienced senior leader who is passionate about research communication and its potential to meaningfully impact lives and community. The VP, Society Relations is responsible for engaging with scholarly Societies and Associations, forging new commercial and collaborative partnerships. This exciting role offers a chance to advance scientific communication and help scholarly societies make the most of their members’ research and navigate the challenges and opportunities they are facing.
Based in the US, this position reports directly to the SVP, Global Academic, Publisher and Society Relations, based in the UK.
A CACTUS brand, Impact Science offers solutions to improve and expand science dissemination and engagement with peers, public, and policymakers. We work closely with Society partners to:
- Increase impact and engagement of content through research communication
- Increase member engagement and communicate value to Society members through marketing and outreach
- Design strategies to share life-changing research and ideas with new audiences
- Promote Impact Science’s solutions and share our vision with Academic Societies in the US through active networking and prospecting.
- Actively participate in and organize industry and community events aligned to Impact Science’s mission and vision for research communication, Society impact and engagement.
- Champion the voice of the Society customer within Impact Science and CACTUS and advise our teams on new solutions and opportunities for Society partners.
- Proactively reach out to Societies and Associations in the US market to build a pipeline of Society relationships and sign new Society partnerships.
- Closely collaborate with global delivery teams to ensure an excellent service and experience for Society partners.
- Monitor and identify policies, trends and opportunities in the market, including attending industry events as required by the business.
- As required, collaborate with marketing and communication teams on campaigns and activities to support business goals.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues on ad hoc cross-functional and global projects, as required.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience working with Societies & Associations; OR prior experience in building research communication solutions in their respective organizations.
- Passionate about engagement, dissemination, advocacy, and community building;
- Experience in strategic/consultative sales, with demonstrable experience in signing new, high-value strategic partnerships.
- Experienced and confident opening relationships with senior stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills at both strategic and operational level.
- Capability to working independently to deliver revenue growth.
- Confidence in pitching, presentation and negotiation of new business contracts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including virtual and in-person presentation skills.
- Highly collaborative, with experience working in a global team environment.
- Professional, organized and motivated.
- Prior experience using CRM tools, such as Salesforce.
- Domestic travel may be required in the US.
Learn about Our Culture:
CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us. We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace.
We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback.