User Interface Designer
Who we are and what we do:
Founded in 2002, Cactus Communications (CACTUS) is a global scientific communications company that collaborates with researchers across academic disciplines, universities, publishers, societies, and life science organizations to accelerate research impact. CACTUS’ portfolio of products and services meet a wide spectrum of research needs: Editage provides editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; Cactus Life Sciences offers strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life sciences organizations; PubSURE is the first AI-powered scholarly publishing platform connecting journals and researchers; Impact Science ensures wider research impact via dissemination solutions and research engagement with peers, public, and policy makers; Cactus Labs Powering all CACTUS businesses with latest technologies is its innovation and R&D cell. We also incubate seed and early stage start-ups that share its mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions.
CACTUS is an international enterprise with offices in Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, London, Princeton, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Singapore; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 173 countries.
Kolabtree (https://www.kolabtree.com/) is an on-demand platform with a vision to accelerate research and development by facilitating academia-academia and academia-business collaboration by connecting clients to highly qualified freelancers for advanced services. Kolabtree’s goal is to democratize access to science and research. We look for people who want to build something revolutionary – who are passionate and enjoy problem solving in an uncertain environment.
Location – Andheri, Mumbai
At a high level, you will be responsible for designing Kolabtree application’s user interface for optimal user experience across web and mobile. You will empathise with the end user to make their journey as smooth as possible while maintaining high standards adhering to industry UI design best practices.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining high quality assets and style guides that can easily be used by technical developers and stakeholders across teams
- Developing wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Transforming wireframes and product features into user-centered design
- Taking inputs from the business and marketing teams to develop creative design-based solutions for better usability
- Taking responsibility for the quality of work and drive quality on a wider scale
- Maintaining high standards adhering to UI design best practices
So how do we know that’s you? You have the personality and the experience:
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a UI designer (Mobile & Desktop product screens)
- Experience in wireframing and responsive design
- Proficient on softwares like Photoshop, Sketch and XD
- Experience in simplifying UI workflows based on user journeys is required
- Experience in designing and optimizing UI elements (Forms, Workflows, etc.) is desirable
- Good communication skills
Awards and Recognition:
- Acknowledged as the “Best Organization for Women’s Talent Development”, CACTUS was recognized for its valuable contributions toward the empowerment of women in business.
- Recognized as a pioneer of integration and empowerment of millennials, CACTUS was felicitated at the Millennial Max Conference held in November 2019.
- Named on FlexJob’s global list of the Top 100 Companies to Watch for Remote Jobs in 2019
- Emerged among one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India after a pan-India survey by Rainmaker.
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017)