UI UX Designer
Please note - We are a remote-first organization so you can work from anywhere in India.
This is a designer on contract opportunity. As a remote position, the candidate must have basic hardware for their remote workspace, including a working desktop or laptop computer reliable WIFI, and a smartphone or landline.
About Impact Science
We are Impact Science, the strategic communication and amplification brand of Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com), conceived to provide author-centric bespoke services to enhance research impact throughout and beyond the project life cycles. We use nuanced understanding of digital communication to aid government agencies, publishers, journals, and academic societies with the repurposing and marketing of traditionally published scientific content to both niche and lay audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Web design creation keeping responsiveness and restrictions in mind.
- Utilize graphic design tools and software to develop create custom layouts, templates and content.
- Create infographics and designs based on storyboard.
- Reviewing your peers and freelancers outputs ensuring it meets the client expectations.
- Produce high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Follow design and brand standards.
- Improve and revise graphics file as necessary. Good design principles.
- Work with design team to edit client deliverables.
- Design and edit expert level XD / Figma designs
- Use deep knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel and Word
- Apply creative layout solutions to presentation slides.
- Execute complex and ambiguous edits with minimal direction.
- Support all design decisions with creative, strategic and/or business reasoning.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while attending to deadlines
- Create executive presentations that visually communicate a compelling story
- Assess and evaluate existing presentations and implement and recommend improvements
- Support a variety of communication projects on an individual basis and as a member of project teams
- Having development knowledge and work-hows of UX design is a plus
Requirements (Desired skills & experience)
- Excellent design skills, and experience with UI/UX Softwares
- Team player.
- Preferred experience in Infographics, and web Designing.
- Having a workable knowledge of Adobe tools is required to work with Photography, Illustrations, etc.
- Should know elements like color theory, typography and layout
- Knowledge of the design principles, document production and print / digital processes.
Learn about our Culture
CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us.
We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy. We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace.
We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback.