Who we are:
Kolabtree is an on-demand platform with a vision to accelerate R&D and innovation through academia-business collaboration by connecting clients to highly qualified freelancers for advanced services. Put simply, we’re Uber for Scientists. We look for people who want to build something revolutionary – who are passionate and enjoy problem solving in an uncertain environment. Ever wondered what it would’ve felt like to be part of the founding teams at Airbnb or Google? This is your chance to find out!
About the opportunity:
We are looking for experienced Software Architect to join Kolabtree’s engineering team. As a valued member of the team, you will be the key contributor for overall architecture of Kolabtree platform and will be making important architecture and design decisions for the long term strategy of the platform.
- Determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Create architectural approaches and make architectural decisions for software design and implementation.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
- Work closely with other partners such as product team, designers and other software engineers to develop new feature offerings and improve the efficiency of the solution.
- Optimize database architecture and design.
- Troubleshoot and improve the infrastructure required for the platform.
- Write automated scripts to perform complex analysis.
- Design solutions involving third party components and Integrate them with the platform.
- Design the whole architectural solution and turn it into actionable release specifications.
- Provide technical guidance to developers and software engineers.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in software engineering, out of which 4+ years of hands-on experience in software architecture.
- Experience in designing, building and implementing software applications.
- Demonstrated expertise in building Web Applications, Enterprise Applications and Web Services.
- Code writing skills developed over 4+ years of experience for a variety of products.
- Strong knowledge of databases (SQL, NoSQL, Graph), and ability to make choices among available technology based on requirements.
- Implementation experience in Micro Services Architecture.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in system design, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with Architectural patterns and Design patterns for high availability, performance, scalability, Security architecture and cloud-based architectures.
- Champion in creating seamless software experience for customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of open source technologies.
- An expert problem solver with a strong understanding of the broad range of software technologies and platforms available.
- Technical mindset with good attention to details.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
Learn about Our Culture:
CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us.
We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace.
We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback.