Senior UI Designer
Researcher.Life is looking for an experienced, resourceful professional with exceptional UI design skills and excellent product instincts to craft simple, beautiful and innovative experiences across our suite of products. As the Senior UI designer, you’ll own the design system across products and serve as a bridge between individual product teams, business users and engineering. You’ll also drive solutioning of complex cross-product interactions and workflows.
- Make quick LoFi interactive prototypes that illustrate functional solutions. Simultaneously be able to create innovative transitions and micro-interactions for both desktop and mobile apps.
- Sketch and present mock-ups of potential UI solutions
- Maintain a comprehensive design system with consistent components that are uniformly applied across product teams
- Analyze data-driven insights and drive user research to think beyond regular design solutions
- Visualize thoughtful ways to represent data
- Implement best practices for intuitive user interactions
- Make smart connections between what's going on in the world and what we do for our business.
- Drive workshops to engage the product team and expand their knowledge base
- Partner with developers to ensure creative styles are within technical constraints as well as all products are well within our set design systems
- You will report to and work directly with the Principal Product Designer. While you will work independently, areas of focus and innovation will be jointly decided between the two of you.
Requirements (Desires skills & experience)
- Undergraduate degree in Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of product design experience with a tech product company or with a UX agency that has been committed to solving multi device problems for its clients
- In-depth knowledge of creative principles including grid systems, responsive design, typography, composition, scale, color theory, visual merchandising, packaging, videos, development optimized designs, etc.
- Proficient in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision
- A deep understanding of responsive design practices, up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills.
- Comfortable giving and receiving critical design feedback
- Committed to meeting deadlines and skilled at handling multiple projects simultaneously
Researcher.Life is an integrated ecosystem of web and mobile products by Cactus Communications. Designed for researchers (academics, scientists, students) across the globe. This suite of products aims to redefine how they read, publish, learn, and collaborate to further scientific advancements. Much of this innovation is fueled by our in-house solutions of manuscript assessment, automated English Editing, concept extraction, auto-summarization, image recognition all built on the foundations of AI, Machine Learning, NLP, and Deep Learning.
Over 19 years, under our flagship product Editage, we’ve worked with 1mn+ researchers globally. Researcher. Life is our latest suite of products built on this strong understanding of user needs and since its inception, we’ve already scaled up to 200,000+ registered users from more than 50+ countries. We’ve seen positive responses on the versatility of our offerings, gamification in the user experience and the time savings users have realized.
As an ecosystem of multiple products, we purposefully avoided creating siloed offerings that simply met a diverse set of needs. Much like how travel providers recommend airport transfer options, things to do and places to stay after booking your flight, the Researcher. Life experience also seeks to understand what the researcher needs next and personalizes what’s delivered and when. It’s only when this happens can we truly realize the outcomes for 1mn+ researchers we aim to serve in the coming year.
If you feel excited by this prospect of improving the lives of researchers who are shaping the future of science and are passionate towards solving real world problems using the power of tech innovations, this opportunity may be of interest to you!
Learn about Our Culture:
CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us. We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace.
We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback.