Senior Software Engineer (Python, AWS)
You will be a part of Cactus Labs which is the R&D Cell of Cactus Communications. Cactus Labs is a high impact cell that works to solve complex technical and business problems that help keep us strategically competitive in the industry. We are a multi-cultural team spread across multiple countries. We work in the domain of AI/ML especially with Text (NLP - Natural Language Processing), Language Understanding, Explainable AI, Big Data, AR/VR etc.
Within Cactus Labs you will work with the Big Data team. This is a small team that manages 20- 30TB of data today which is on its way to grow to 150-200Tb within the next 10-12 months. We have also designed a custom orchestration service to handle this data at scale. We operate across all the three Cloud Platforms and leverage the best of them. In this role, you will get to own a component from its inception. You will also get to work on could platform and learn to design systems for cloud and operate at scale.
- Devise innovative and scale-able solution to complex problems using design patterns, or other known algorithms/tools available
- Improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures
- Take ownership of your work, be open to interfacing with stakeholders directly.
Requirements (Desired skills & experience)
- 5+ years of experience in writing scale-able, robust, and secure code
- Working knowledge of basic algorithms and data structures, design patterns, Docker, AWS, Git(or any code versioning)
- Experience in working on POC or working on a module from scratch.
- Outstanding all-round communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Prior experience in working with Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP , preferably AWS
- Experience in writing unit test cases will be a plus
- Hands on with at least one programming language, preferably Python
- Can drive development independently
Learn about Our Culture:
CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us. We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace.
We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback.