Senior Software Engineer, Laravel & Angular 7+
About the product:
R Discovery is an initiative from Cactus Communications which aims to re-define how research content is discovered, accessed and read by researchers (academics) across the globe. It is one of the most exciting and revolutionary new developments in the industry. Built on the foundations of cutting-edge technological innovations in AI, Machine Learning, NLP and Deep Learning, R Discovery enables a researcher to access his personalized feed of most relevant and recent content in a single tap.
R Discovery was launched as an Android and iOS app in 2020. During the Beta phase itself, it has received 100,000+ downloads. It also has a web presence and serves thousands of users from 50+ countries every week across platforms. A very large majority of users rate the app positively for its user experience, quality of papers and the recommendations engine.
You'll be working with a highly passionate bunch of people whore geared up to innovate and disrupt not just this space but also realize a global product ecosystem comprising multiple products and services which can enable researchers save time and make more impact.
The opportunity: We are looking for a candidate who would improve system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures, would also work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management
- Devise innovative and scale-able solution to complex problems using design patterns, or other known algorithms/tools available
- Improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures
- Maintaining and improving existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Remain current on new technologies and available vendor packages; evaluate and make recommendations as necessary
- Assist in task planning, estimation, and scheduling
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management
- Takes responsibility for his/her deliverables, especially in relation to sensitive timings
- 3-6 years of experience in writing human-readable, scale-able, robust, and secure code with unit test cases with maximum coverage
- Must be comfortable working in all the above technologies as the team is working on a mix of all.
- Working knowledge of basic algorithms and data structures, design patterns, Docker, AWS, Git(or any code versioning)
- Deep understanding of OOP concepts (encapsulation, inheritance, interfaces, polymorphism)
- Must be comfortable working on a Ubuntu machine
- Outstanding all-round communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
Learn about Our Culture:
- CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us.
- We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
- We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace.
- We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback.