Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced software developer to develop high quality software aligned with business goals and client requirements while ensuring timely delivery. Write, review and debug code
- Development, Testing and deployment of software projects
- Understand project scope, provide estimates
- Create an execution plan, ensure it is followed to deliver the project within the given timelines while maintaining quality
- Coordination with Devops, monitoring systems to ensure they meet user needs and business goals
- Delegate tasks if needed. Follow up on status of the projects.
- Maintain coding standards. Keep up with latest technologies
- Duties also include:
- Coding, testing of software and fix bugs in existing code
- Ensure communication between various project stakeholders.
- Review projects, provide status updates, inform of any constraints.
- Follow up with team members, ensure coding guidelines are being followed, provide assistance if needed.
Requirements (Desired skills & experience)
- At least 5 year of experience in software development along with project management.
- Technical skills:
- Knowledge of server side languages like PHP, Python etc. Previous experience in frameworks is a plus
- A working knowledge of database design and databases (Mysql, PostgreSql) o Version control preferably Git
- Must be comfortable working on Linux and using the command line. o Knowledge of Devops, writing scripts for setup/deployment of projects on local and production environments
- Experience with cloud service providers like AWS, Azure, GCP etc.
- Application skills: JIRA, Any IDE
- Softer skills: Excellent communication skills. Team management skills
- Ability to:
- Solid coding and debugging skills
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team and deal with changing requirements
- Ensure adherence to coding standards & efficiently delegating tasks
Learn about Our Culture:
CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us. We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace.
We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback.