Senior Content Writer, Thought Leadership
Please note: This is a 100% remote full-time opportunity and you can work from any location within India.
The thought leadership function at CACTUS puts out expert content in various formats to increase our brand visibility in the industry, build trust, and help attract potential clients. The scope of work includes whitepapers, blog posts, conference sessions, posters, infographics, emails, sales collateral, webinars, expert interviews, and social media posts.
As Senior Content Writer, Thought Leadership, you would be primarily serving two CACTUS brands:
- Impact Science works with scholarly publishers and societies and research-affiliated academic institutions and corporates to take the research and their brand to the world.
- Cactus Life Sciences works with pharma, biotech, and medical device companies to provide high-impact medical communication solutions.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all planned content output serves a business need and links back to department vision
- Lead and participate in brainstorming sessions with the business development team and leaders to understand client needs and pain points
- Identify content topics and suitable dissemination formats that would best resonate with the target audience as per business priorities
- Identify potential themes and social media campaigns based on trending industry topics
- Develop and execute against a monthly content calendar, including coordination with stakeholders for messaging inputs, design and positioning, etc.
- Create and repurpose content for a range of purposes and formats as listed above
- Write timely relevant content to ensure that the business blogs remain fresh and up to date with valuable content
- Interact with industry experts to organize interviews, podcasts, co-authored whitepapers etc. as needed
- Commission content creation by freelancers and external experts
Requirements (Desired skills and experience)
- Masters equivalent or higher degree in science communication/biomedical science/pharma
- Minimum 1 year of work experience with a pharma/science communication organization
- Flawless writing and Attention to detail
- Strong ability to craft a story suited the target audience
- Keen eye for different content formats, including visual formats, and how content can be tailored
- Adequate understanding of the academic and medical publishing industries (preferable)
- Familiarity with PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Prior expertise with non-technical writing such as blog and newsletter writing (preferable)
- Adequate familiarity with Twitter and Linkedin, active use preferable
- Reasonable comfort with technology and willingness to explore new tools
- Planning, organization, and time management
- Ability to manage a mix of long-term and urgent projects
- Communication and stakeholder management
Learn about Our Culture:
CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us.
We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace.
We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback