Science Communicator (Work-from-home)
As a Science Communicator, you will be instrumental in serving as a contractual content creator for Impact Science’s content team. You will play an important role in evolving the science communication needs of scholarly publishers, academic societies, research institutions, science outreach organizations, and researchers, by working with a team of writers, editors, graphic designers, animators, and web developers to tell science stories across content formats and styles.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• You will work with a team of science writers and designers to break down scientific content into engaging material in visual, oral, audiovisual, and other web and print formats.
• You will need to communicate effectively with a team of in-house science communicators, designers, and animators with the objective of delivering press notes, infographics, and videos for projects against set timelines.
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY:
• Flexibility. You can work from anywhere in India.
• You will have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
• At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry.
• You will receive training to become adept at science communication.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and be able to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
• Proficient in using and possess Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Possess excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills (written and verbal), and be flexible.
• The skill to visualize science is an added advantage
• Enthusiasm to make a difference to the way science is communicated!
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Mandatory: Master’s degree in Life Sciences or equivalent degree in communication with a bachelor’s degree in any of the following:
-Biochemistry, Genetics, and Molecular Biology
-Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences
-Plant and Animal Sciences
• Preferable: A degree in science communication, scientific journalism, science media production, public engagement, or similar programs, with professional experience OR
Previous experience in any professional science communication career.