Science Communicator (Office or Telecommute)
Who we are and what we do
Founded in 2002, Cactus Communications (CACTUS) is a global scientific communications company that collaborates with researchers across academic disciplines, universities, publishers, societies, and life science organizations to accelerate research impact. CACTUS’ portfolio of products and services meet a wide spectrum of research needs: Editage provides editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; Cactus Life Sciences offers strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life sciences organizations; PubSURE is the first AI-powered scholarly publishing platform connecting journals and researchers; Impact Science ensures wider research impact via dissemination solutions and research engagement with peers, public, and policy makers; Cactus Labs Powering all CACTUS businesses with latest technologies is its innovation and R&D cell. We also incubate seed and early stage start-ups that share its mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions.
CACTUS is an international enterprise with offices in Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, London, Princeton, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Singapore; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 173 countries.
About the role:
This is an exciting new role at Impact Science, a rapidly growing portfolio of solutions that helps establish wider impact of scientific research and scientific brands through nontraditional content formats.
- Breaking down scientific content into engaging material for visual, oral, audio-visual, and other web and print formats in collaboration with a team of science writers and designers
- Working closely with cross-functional resources in the studio (graphic designers, animators, narrators, developers) to ensure content vision is well articulated
- Creating project plans based on customer brief and driving execution of the same
- Reviewing work of other writers and designers to drive projects to completion
- Reviewing content pieces (video scripts/summaries/press notes) to deem them client ready
- Communicating effectively with resources across functions with the objective of delivering projects against set timelines
- Reviewing outputs at different stages of production leading up to delivery (storyboards, wireframes, concepts)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Humanities, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences or Medicine is a must.
- Previous experience in any of a wide range of professional science communication careers with media and science organizations, including creative agencies working in spaces adjacent to science media, such as healthcare communications
- Super enthusiastic about making a difference to how science is communicated
- Basic understanding of academic publishing industry
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills, and be flexible
- The skill to visualize science is an added advantage
Please note- Candidates who are not from Mumbai would be expected to come to Mumbai for training and only post completion of training they can telecommute.