This is an exciting new role at CACTUS, a top science communication agency working with universities, publishers, and researchers globally. Research Communication is a fast-growing portfolio of solutions that increases the impact of scientific research through non-traditional content formats.
You will help serve the evolving science communication needs of scholarly publishers, academic societies, research institutions, science outreach organizations, and researchers by working with a team of writers, editors, graphic designers, and animators to tell science stories across content formats and styles.
What does the job entail?
- Working with a team of science writers and designers to break down scientific content into easy-to-understand and engaging material in visual, oral, and audio-visual formats
- Consulting with editorial offices and communications departments of customers to deliver as per objectives
- Building campaign strategy plans based on customer briefs and requirements
- Executing distribution plans for customers to achieve targeted visibility, media coverage, and/or audience engagement
- Communicating effectively with resources across functions with the objective of delivering projects against set timelines
- Must either hold a degree in science communication, scientific journalism, science media production, public engagement, or similar programs, with professional experience highly preferred, OR must have previous experience in any of a wide range of professional science communication careers with media and science organizations, including creative agencies working in spaces adjacent to science media, such as healthcare communications.
- Must be self-motivated, have excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills (written and verbal), and be flexible.
If you have any questions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org