Reviewer for copy-editing
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services. We serve academia through a variety of editing, translation, and publication and research support services. We serve both individual researchers and institutions such as research centers, publishers, and corporates.
We are looking for reviewers for copy-editing to help polish the language of accepted research articles and ensure that these articles conform to the journal-specific house style.
What you will do as a reviewer for copy-editing at CACTUS:
1. Copy-edit biomedical manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English.
2. Make changes to ensure that the manuscript conforms to the journal's style requirements.
3. Review manuscripts copy-edited by other editors to ensure that the edit meets the journal's language and style requirements.
4. Crosscheck document metadata such as references using software tools.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree
2. Prior experience in journal manuscript copyediting (Non-mandatory)
3. Familiarity with AMA style preferred (Non-mandatory)
Cactus Communications is a global scientific communications company that collaborates with researchers across academic disciplines, universities, publishers, societies, and life science organizations to accelerate research impact. We offer editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life science organizations; AI-powered scholarly publishing solutions for journals and researchers; and solutions for science dissemination and engagement with peers, public, and policymakers for wider research outreach. We also incubate seed and early-stage startups that share our mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions. We have offices in London, Princeton, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries.
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019).
- Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019).
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017).