Product Manager (Product: Kolabtree)
About the opportunity:
Kolabtree is an on-demand platform with a vision to accelerate R&D and innovation through academia-business collaboration by connecting clients to highly qualified freelancers for advanced services. Put simply, we’re Uber for Scientists. We look for people who want to build something revolutionary – who are passionate and enjoy problem solving in an uncertain environment. Ever wondered what it would’ve felt like to be part of the founding teams at Airbnb or Google? This is your chance to find out!
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the Kolabtree team. The role requires you to be an innovation engineer who is focused on building a world-class platform by designing features that delight users, automating workflows and processes to make the user experience super simple and intuitive, and making decisions based on both user behavior and business goals.
- Strategically analyze new business models, keep up to date on emerging technical trends and support product- focused, process-driven and service-led innovations.
- Continuously improve existing products and features to drive higher engagement, conversions, transactions, and repeat business.
- End-to-end product ownership, right from ideation and concepts to product success: Guide customer-facing product strategy using journey maps and funnels, identify key success metrics, and analyse the performance of new feature launches.
- Act as a cross-functional leader, collaborating with design, engineering, and business teams to drive new product initiatives.
- Drive product development through the entire development cycle, from concept, design and development, through to launch and ongoing support in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Serve as expert on trend-setting practices, including analysis of the competitive landscape, best user experience practices, and service design practices.
- Build products for a primarily US audience, understand the needs of busy business executives and professionals who expect a competent and seamless product experience
Requirements (Desires skills & experience):
- 3 to 5 years Product Management experience in building consumer/eCommerce products
- Ability to think creatively and strategically coupled with very strong execution skills and accountability – stay focused on solving the problem and get things done
- Ability to think ‘Consumer’ at all times and live the philosophy of ‘Consumer First’ while making decisions and building products
- First-hand experience with agile development methodologies and hands-on involvement in past projects; willingness to work in a high-pace environment
- Great analytical skills with ability to track key metrics, bring out insights from numbers and take decisions based on data. Experience with PowerBi a major plus.
- Well read about technology, design and UX trends with good understanding of user-centric design principles, service designs, and user journey maps
- An ability to manage stakeholder expectation and ‘be your own man/woman’. Product manager must not have a ‘yes to everything’ philosophy. Ability to work across functions & levels, a good communicator and comfortable with interacting with senior leadership
What’s in it for you?
- Be a member of a startup team where your work will directly contribute to business growth. You’re not just a cog in the machine, everything you do will matter.
- Take advantage of major learning opportunities only available in a startup environment. Working with a small team, you’ll get a full 360 degree view of the business and work with a variety of roles and functions, with plenty of opportunities to work on new technologies and innovative solutions.
- Enjoy a safe startup environment supported by CACTUS: As a startup incubated and owned by Cactus Communications, Kolabtree’s stakeholders are deeply invested in its success and fully support the Kolabtree team in all aspects.