Product Designer, Mobile Applications
R Discovery is an initiative from Cactus Communications which aims to re-define how research content is discovered, accessed and read by researchers (academics) across the globe. One of the most exciting and revolutionary new developments in the industry & built on the foundations of cutting-edge technological innovations in AI, Machine Learning, NLP and Deep Learning, R Discovery was launched as an Android and iOS app in 2020. During the Beta phase itself, it has received 100,000+ downloads. It also has a web presence and serves thousands of users from 50+ countries every week across platforms.
If you are a user of Flipboard, Medium or InShorts for reading articles, news etc. you know the feeling of delight that these products bring via a personalized feed of content in a simplest possible way, always updated. R Discovery creates the same delight for a researcher by enabling him to access his personalized feed of most relevant and recent content in a single tap. The challenge, though, is bigger since what the researcher reads influences his research which ends up shaping new developments in science.
- Create modern and effective design solutions for R Discovery’s native mobile apps
- Shape the design solution by aligning the product’s roadmap with user needs
- Provide detailed hand-offs to engineering and work with them to ensure product experience is shipped at high quality
- Collaborate with product managers and other designers to ideate on product opportunities
- Build and advance product visual style guides and pattern libraries across mobile and web.
Requirements (Desires skills & experience)
- Minimum 2-3 years of product design experience for mobile apps
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your thought process and finished design solutions
- Experience grounding your design decisions in user research, metrics, and business goals
- In-depth understanding of how design impacts development (and vice versa) to ensure the technical feasibility of designs.
- Proficiency in Figma, XD or Sketch
- (Preferred) Degree/Certification in HCI, Product Design, UX
Learn about Our Culture:
CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us. We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace.
We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback.