Medical Director, Medical Communications
CACTUS is currently looking to add self-motivated, entrepreneurial members to its life sciences team. This is an opportunity to grow your career and make a greater impact on the lives around you.
- Work with clients’ Medical Affairs teams to develop and execute strategic medical communications initiatives such as scientific communications platforms, medical communications plans, KOL engagement plans, meeting planning, etc
- Develop, manage, and track strategy and tactics in partnership with a cross-functional team of internal and client stakeholders
- Oversee and be accountable for quality of medical communications tactics/deliverables developed by in-house scientific writers. Review deliverables to ensure strategic alignment and scientific accuracy as needed.
- Train and mentor scientific writers; contribute to skill development of the writing team
- Work with in-house technology and creative teams on building innovative digital solutions for Medical Affairs clients
- Participate in client pitches and business development meetings as the Scientific Lead (SME)
- Ensure organic growth through delivery quality and client engagement.
Requirements (Desired skills & experience):
- MD/PhD or similar advanced degree
- At least 4-5 years of core writing experience and 3 years of experience as a Medical Director in a scientific writing team at a pharmaceutical company or a medical communications agency
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and reviewing:
- Strategic deliverables such as medical communications plans and scientific platforms, etc.
- communications tactics/deliverables such as proactive and reactive MSL content, educational materials, and leave-behind materials.
- Experience in writing/reviewing deliverables across several therapy areas
- Strong editorial skills
- Experience with developing digital content to supplement traditional MSL deliverables
- Willingness to train and develop junior writers by doing detailed document reviews and training sessions
- This role is fully remote (based anywhere in the US); occasional travel to client locations within the US may be required
- This role reports into the VP, Medical and Scientific Services.
Cactus Communications is a technology company accelerating scientific advancement. We collaborate with researchers, universities, publishers, academic societies, and life science organizations. We offer editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life science organizations; AI-powered scholarly publishing solutions for journals and researchers; and solutions for science dissemination and engagement with peers, public, and
policymakers for wider research outreach. We also incubate seed and early-stage startups that share our mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions. We have offices in London, Princeton, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Aarhus, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries.
Know about our Culture:
The CACTUS culture is the glue that binds us together as we work towards the same shared goal. We are “One CACTUS”.
You are a Cactizen regardless of where you work. We take pride in our diversity, respect each other, and call out bias whenever we see it. We focus on outcomes rather than formalities. Everyone is on first-name basis. We are selective and hire only those who share our vision and values.
CACTUS has always been driven by its culture. It sets us apart and attracts people who want to maximize their potential at work and in life.It describes our unique work practices in three aspects: People & Life, Performance & Career, and Business & Leadership.
Awards and Recognition:
- Consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016
- Recognized as one of Asia’s 100 Most Admired Brands 2020 by White Page International (2020).
- Recipient of two bronze Stevie® Awards (Most Exemplary Employer and Most Valuable Corporate Response) at the 17th annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business (2020)
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019)
- Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019)
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017)
Connect with us on, LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram to remain abreast with the latest developments.