Intern, Data Science Developer (Python, Data Analyst)
Who we are and what we do:
Founded in 2002, Cactus Communications (CACTUS) is a global scientific communications company that collaborates with researchers across academic disciplines, universities, publishers, societies, and life science organizations to accelerate research impact. CACTUS’ portfolio of products and services meet a wide spectrum of research needs: Editage provides editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; Cactus Life Sciences offers strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life sciences organizations; PubSURE is the first AI-powered scholarly publishing platform connecting journals and researchers; Impact Science ensures wider research impact via dissemination solutions and research engagement with peers, public, and policy makers; Cactus Labs Powering all CACTUS businesses with latest technologies is its innovation and R&D cell. We also incubate seed and early stage start-ups that share its mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions.
CACTUS is an international enterprise with offices in Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, London, Princeton, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Singapore; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 173 countries.
People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
We are looking for a kick-ass Intern, Data Science Developer for our Research and Development cell Cactus Labs. You will work directly with the Chief Technology Officer’s team on interesting real world business challenges.
We are a 130+ agile and driven technology team. Our products have a global reach with users in 170+ countries. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and employ various technologies like (but not limited to) AngularJS, Laravel, PHP, Solr, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Nodejs, Mongodb, Python, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Flair and more.
Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly linked to performance. We are generous with our lunchboxes, quirks, smiles, and pranks – all of which help us maintain a vibrant work environment. What’s more - with the best work hours ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes fun very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder!
To know more about CACTUS Tech, please visit https://tech.cactusglobal.io/
You fit the bill, if you:
- Are extremely driven and can work independently
- Consider yourself a techie and a hacker
- Have implemented a solution in one or more programming language
- Can explore, work with data, find solutions and create proof of concepts
Required skills & experience:
- Experience with Python and working knowledge of python notebooks
- Experience with technical tools for data analysis like NumPy, pandas, R, SQL, etc.
- Some experience with data wrangling and visualization
- Experience with Tableau, H2O, AWS cloud, machine learning a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Global exposure: work in a global organization and interact with colleagues from different nationalities.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.