Head - Strategy (Life Sciences)
We’re looking for an experienced global Strategy and M&A expert, who will lead strategy and drive organic and inorganic execution for Cactus Life Sciences (CLS), our life sciences vertical. If you have a strong growth orientation and looking to create a strong impact with one of the leading technology organizations accelerating scientific advancement, then this is the right opportunity for you.
The Key role(s) played by this position are the following:
- Lead identification of opportunities and execution support to CLS, including strategy roadmap, business plan development, communication of strategy and required execution plan for identified growth opportunities.
- Support cross-functional projects & ensure successful delivery, project satisfaction and lead presentation of key outputs to the business and leadership group.
- Scan the industry for identification of potential M&A targets, investments and joint ventures.
- Play a key role in all M&A activities and provide general transaction and analytic support including the creation of summaries and presentation materials to communicate recommendations to senior management and other internal stakeholders.
- Support in managing the organization alignment / structure through which CACTUS can realize the synergies from the investments it has made in other companies – including post-merger integration.
- Actively support and be engaged in the details of the product development roadmap with the product team(s).
What will make you successful in this role?
- Strong analytical abilities starting with financial analysis, with an ability to understand the forces of business above and beyond numbers.
- A desire to get an understanding in AI/ ML, NLP, Digital marketing and Product management.
- Empathy and willingness to engage with people – in a friendly way, beyond hierarchy
- Problem-solving mindset and an attitude to take things to closure.
- Ability to work independently – although there will be a lot of coaching and mentoring support early in the role.
Desired skills and experience:
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience, prior experience in consulting, equity research or corporate strategy roles preferred.
- Prior experience in the life science space is preferred.
- Strong conceptual ability with diligent planning and attention to detail. Ability to sift through and bring out the granularity in analysis /decision making process.
- Excellent communicator, ability to address and debate issues and plans with senior management and excellent presentation skills.
- Structured approach towards problem solving and strong analytical skills.
- MBA from a premier institute.
Know about our Culture:
The CACTUS culture is the glue that binds us together as we work towards the same shared goal.
We are “One CACTUS”. You are a Cactizen regardless of where you work.
We take pride in our diversity, respect each other, and call out bias whenever we see it.
We focus on outcomes rather than formalities. Everyone is on first-name basis.
We are selective and hire only those who share our vision and values
CACTUS has always been driven by its culture. It sets us apart and attracts people who want to maximize their potential at work and in life. It describes our unique work practices in three aspects: People & Life, Performance & Career, and Business & Leadership.