Head, Search Engine Marketing
Who we are and what we do:
Founded in 2002, Cactus Communications (CACTUS) is a global scientific communications company that collaborates with researchers across academic disciplines, universities, publishers, societies, and life science organizations to accelerate research impact. CACTUS’ portfolio of products and services meet a wide spectrum of research needs: Editage provides editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; Cactus Life Sciences offers strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life sciences organizations; PubSURE is the first AI-powered scholarly publishing platform connecting journals and researchers; Impact Science ensures wider research impact via dissemination solutions and research engagement with peers, public, and policy makers; Cactus Labs Powering all CACTUS businesses with latest technologies is its innovation and R&D cell. We also incubate seed and early stage start-ups that share its mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions.
CACTUS is an international enterprise with offices in Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, London, Princeton, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Singapore; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 173 countries.
Location: Mumbai, India
- Managing marketing campaigns on major Search Engines platforms including Google Adwords and Yahoo
- Works along with regional SEM strategists to deliver these campaigns in terms of strategy and execution
- Manage the customer interface by working closely with regional stakeholders
- Collect and analyse data, identify trends and insights to maximize ROI by keeping a track on all KPIs and budgets
- Run a team of search specialists that manage the campaigns on a day to day basis
- Team management and leadership including building capability in newer techniques and technologies, building& defining delivery processes, SLA adherence and continuously refining the SEM marketing capability
- Manage marketing campaigns on major Search Engines platforms including Google Adwords and Microsoft Bing Ad Center.
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations
- Research and analyse competitor advertising links
- Proven SEM experience
- Proven SEO experience
- Team management and leadership skills in SEM techniques and technologies
- Solid understanding on performance marketing, PPC initiatives and online customer acquisitions
- Experience in tracking, reporting and analysing website analytics on PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM
Good to have’s:
- Exposure to regional search engines like Baidu, Naver, Yandex etc. will be useful.
- Experience in managing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo & Binge
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
What’s in it for you?
- Global exposure: We have our clientele from 190+ countries and we have our presence in 8 countries. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programs, you will be rewarded for your success.
Awards and Recognition:
- Acknowledged as the “Best Organization for Women’s Talent Development”, CACTUS was recognized for its valuable contributions toward the empowerment of women in business.
- Recognized as a pioneer of integration and empowerment of millennials, CACTUS was felicitated at the Millennial Max Conference held in November 2019.
- Named on FlexJob’s global list of the Top 100 Companies to Watch for Remote Jobs in 2019
- Emerged among one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India after a pan-India survey by Rainmaker.
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017)