Head, Communication Solutions (Clients)
Who we are and what we do:
Founded in 2002, Cactus Communications (CACTUS) is a global scientific communications company that collaborates with researchers across academic disciplines, universities, publishers, societies, and life science organizations to accelerate research impact. CACTUS’ portfolio of products and services meet a wide spectrum of research needs: Editage provides editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; Cactus Life Sciences offers strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life sciences organizations; PubSURE is the first AI-powered scholarly publishing platform connecting journals and researchers; Impact Science ensures wider research impact via dissemination solutions and research engagement with peers, public, and policy makers; Cactus Labs Powering all CACTUS businesses with latest technologies is its innovation and R&D cell. We also incubate seed and early stage start-ups that share its mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions.
CACTUS is an international enterprise with offices in Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, London, Princeton, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Singapore; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 173 countries.
People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
Location: Andheri East, Mumbai
You will be a part of the Impact Science team which is the strategic communication and amplification brand of Cactus Communications. The team is committed to helping researchers in their mission of reaching a multitude of stakeholders and presenting their work, effectively.
The Head, Communication Solutions will work with the Sales and Account Management teams, and help envision digital and traditional media communications and distribution solutions in the knowledge, and research space. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that the client’s communication goals and objectives are working with the content, creative and studio teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Head of Impact Science on the designing and developing communication solutions for clients.
- Advice the client on the best fit solution for the problem they want to solve.
- Work on campaigns, strategic or tactical, for clients.
- Collaborate with the sales team and accounts team to create the best strategy for the client.
- Work with the content, studio, and marketing services teams to get the strategy translated into creative output of the highest quality.
- Participate constructively in inter-department and cross-service line communications.
- Create solutions that fall within the budgets of the client
- Drive the creative vision of Impact Science. Work towards expanding the portfolio of creative offerings.
So how do we know that’s you? You have the personality and the experience:
- A master’s level degree in journalism, design, film making.
- Must have a grasp of serious, academic content.
- Needs to know how to read and transform dense academic content, at a research level, for different forms and formats for digital.
- Must have handled nonfiction content, for at least 2 different media types (print, tv, radio, OTT, digital).
- Must have worked with client briefs to craft communication solutions across media.
- Needs to be entrepreneurial in nature
- Drives creativity and innovation for the agency.
- Have a clear understanding of creative workflows and processes.
- Must be systems and process oriented.
- Excellent leadership skills to manage people and influence them.
What’s in it for you?
- Global exposure: We work with the top scholarly publishers and societies across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programs, you will be rewarded for your success.
Awards and Recognition:
- Acknowledged as the “Best Organization for Women’s Talent Development”, CACTUS was recognized for its valuable contributions toward the empowerment of women in business.
- Recognized as a pioneer of integration and empowerment of millennials, CACTUS was felicitated at the Millennial Max Conference held in November 2019.
- Named on FlexJob’s global list of the Top 100 Companies to Watch for Remote Jobs in 2019
- Emerged among one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India after a pan-India survey by Rainmaker.
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017)