Group Product Manager
The primary goal of the Group Product Manager (GPM) is to accelerate top-line and bottom line growth for Editage by providing strategic direction on product vision & roadmap for Editage products along with managing, developing & coaching a group of product managers.
- The candidate will be responsible for strategically analysing new business models, emerging technical trends, and will be supporting on product- focused, process-driven and service-led innovations.
- Continuously improve existing products and features to drive higher engagement and conversion.
- Guide customer-facing product strategy, identify key success metrics, and analyse the performance of new product launches.
- Act as a cross-functional leader, collaborating with design, engineering, and business teams to drive new product initiatives with a team of Product Managers.
- Drive product development through the entire development cycle, from concept, design and development, through to launch and ongoing support in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Serve as expert on trend-setting practices, particularly in mobile space, including analysis of the competitive landscape.
- Lead the creation of overall product roadmap across all platforms - web, mobile, apps -- based on consumer feedback, strategic priorities, analytics and market dynamics, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
- End-to-end product ownership, right from ideation and concepts to product success.
- Be the custodian of user experience. Drive and have a passion for user engagement, conduct research required for improvements, define USPs which would make the sell.
- Documentation, at all necessary touch-points, in order to engage the organization with you in terms of thought leadership and product updates.
- Build products for global audience, understand local nuances and localize offerings to suit needs of consumers from different geographies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years Product Management experience in building consumer/eCommerce products.
- Passionate about solving problems and making a difference to lives of millions of people.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, coupled with very strong execution skills and accountability.
- Ability to think ‘Consumer’ at all times and live the philosophy of ‘Consumer First’ while making decisions and building products.
- An attitude to get things done and willingness to work in a high-pace environment.
- First-hand experience with agile development methodologies and hands-on involvement in past projects.
- Great analytical skills with ability to track key metrics, bring out insights from numbers and take decisions based on data.
- Well read about technology, design and UX trends with thorough understanding of user-centric design principles, being able to engage well with product design teams.
- Ability to work across functions & levels, a good communicator and comfortable with interacting with senior leadership.
- An attitude to create impact – follow the philosophy of release -> measure impact, take feedback -> iterate and not be just a feature development manager.
- An ability to manage stakeholder expectation and ‘be your own man’. Product manager must not have a ‘yes to everything’ philosophy.
This position reports to the CPO.
Learn about our Culture:
CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us. We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace.
We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback.