Graphic Design (Operations) Lead - Cactus Life Sciences
Please Note: This is a 100% remote opportunity
CACTUS provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences.
Services we offer include:
- Clinical trial publications
- Medical Affairs educational content
- Medical Information
- Medical devices documentation
The role involves operational and functional leadership for the graphics team that caters to a single or group of client accounts in a high-end, medical and scientific communication business serving global pharma, device and bio-tech customers.
You will be accountable for ensuring client satisfaction and meeting operational KPIs for your assigned creative delivery team through management of delivery, implementation of quality control processes, issue resolution, optimal work flow processes, people management and partnership with support functions.
This is a key operational position critical to the achievement of our long-term vision and will report to Director, Editorial and Creatives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
To elaborate, your areas of work will include the following:
- Lead the global graphics-delivery team comprising Graphic designers and PPT specialists producing high quality scientific deliverables for designated client(s), while ensuring adherence to quality, timelines, and efficiency objectives
- Establishes and maintains efficient working relations with all internal and external key stakeholders
- Works closely with and as part of project teams
- Delivery Lead – Operations will be responsible for providing operations expertise and support on pre-defined projects. This includes process improvement and transformational projects, Operational support to maintain “business as usual” for the day-to-day operations across different client portfolios.
- The individual will be responsible for ensuring full visibility on the progress of on-going projects, support delivery and supports the team in day-to-day operations and delivers high quality deliverables
- Ensure alignment of global team, sharing of best practices
- Ensure that the correct resources are assigned to projects to ensure high quality deliverables
- Lead project and task prioritization, workload distribution, and resource planning to ensure adequate assignment of resources to projects
- Manage performance, set direction, align, and motivate team members to achieve set goals and objectives
- Support the development of functional and scientific excellence by collaborating with central quality and training function
- Risk management and mitigation: Identify the risk associated with the project and form a mitigation strategy with the help of cross functional team for smooth operations.
- To facilitate resolution of any issue by mediating with cross-functional team
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with processes and SOPs of for clients
- Raising client dissatisfactions and providing corrective actions as a part of operations excellence
- Ensure optimal capacity utilization while focusing on quality of allocation (right resources for projects)
- Ensure earned revenue targets for the team are met
- Control the project and monitor MIS, Invoicing, consultant costs, cash flow etc.
- Meet all monthly reporting/business metrics/KPI requirements and manage internal processes
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for the senior management
Client Delivery and Stakeholder Management
Understand client expectations both at a macro and micro level and transfer client perspective to the team
- Build productive and influential relationships with key client stakeholders
- Be part of governance meetings
- Understand and manage client expectations regarding scope and timelines
- Participate in client pitches and provide strategic support to new business development opportunities.
- Ensure workflow processes are agile to respond to changes in the client’s expectations
So how do we know that's you?
- 5 + years of experience in an operations role preferably within the medical communications industry or in an agency setting
- 3+ years of prior experience in leading and managing a global, diverse, talented and high value team
- An understanding of science that will enable the execution of operations
- Passion and desire to create a work environment where highly skilled people can deliver to their best
- Track record of driving execution in a growing environment
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent decision-making and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders both internal and external
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Rigorous work practices and able to deal with ambiguity and conflicting priorities
- Problem solving abilities and a can-do attitude
- Highly diligent with a keen eye for detail