Full Stack Developer
Who we are and what we do:
Founded in 2002, Cactus Communications (CACTUS) is a global scientific communications company that collaborates with researchers across academic disciplines, universities, publishers, societies, and life science organizations to accelerate research impact. CACTUS’ portfolio of products and services meet a wide spectrum of research needs: Editage provides editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; Cactus Life Sciences offers strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life sciences organizations; PubSURE is the first AI-powered scholarly publishing platform connecting journals and researchers; Impact Science ensures wider research impact via dissemination solutions and research engagement with peers, public, and policy makers; Cactus Labs Powering all CACTUS businesses with latest technologies is its innovation and R&D cell. We also incubate seed and early stage start-ups that share its mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions.
CACTUS is an international enterprise with offices in Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, London, Princeton, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Singapore; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 173 countries.
People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
To know more about CACTUS Tech, please visit https://tech.cactusglobal.io/
- Be a part of the team that creates new features and maintains the software application that is being used by over 100K authors worldwide
- Using a standards-based approach towards development of enterprise-class web applications
- Constructing and supporting integrations that are easy to manage, maintain, customize, and configure
- Ensuring overall reliability, security, availability, and high-performance code
- Analyzing system issues and problems and implementing solutions rapidly; formulating/using design patterns wherever applicable
- Communicating feasibility and business-goal-related aspects of requested applications/feature changes to the project manager
- Dedication to building high-quality deliverables while being thorough in all aspects of the development lifecycle
- Takes responsibility for his/her deliverables, especially in relation to sensitive timings
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a Full Stack Developer in a production environment
- Deep understanding of OOP concepts (encapsulation, inheritance, interfaces, polymorphism)
- Experience with development and maintenance of multiple API endpoints
- Excellent debugging and fault correction skills
- Should be able to refactor portions of existing code for consistency
- Familiar with a variety of testing methods, able to choose the appropriate approach
- Familiarity with Front End Technologies preferably angular and experience of handling enterprise level applications and with caching services
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (Scrum)
- Practical experience of continuous integration and deployment
- Software architecture considerations (outside of simple request/response patterns)
- Experience with writing test cases using tools such as PHPUnit
- Hands on experience with Laravel and PostgreSQL
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
What’s in it for you?
- Global exposure: We work with the top scholarly publishers and societies across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programs, you will be rewarded for your success.
Awards and Recognition:
- Acknowledged as the “Best Organization for Women’s Talent Development”, CACTUS was recognized for its valuable contributions toward the empowerment of women in business.
- Recognized as a pioneer of integration and empowerment of millennials, CACTUS was felicitated at the Millennial Max Conference held in November 2019.
- Named on FlexJob’s global list of the Top 100 Companies to Watch for Remote Jobs in 2019
- Emerged among one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India after a pan-India survey by Rainmaker.
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017)