We’re currently looking for specialist freelance statisticians.
Why this is a great opportunity for those searching for freelance opportunities:
- Flexibility to determine your work hours
- Work from anywhere
What you will do:
- Provide support with simple and/or complex statistical analysis and interpretation based on the information and data shared by the author
- Simple analysis includes review of statistical design, data coding and preparation for analysis, tests for normalcy & identify outliers and trends, summarizing with measures of central tendency and variability, creation of tables and graphs
- Complex analysis includes performing complex quantitative data analysis such as T-tests, ANOVA, correlation, and regression analysis, using appropriate analysis tools such as SPSS, SAS, R, Minitab, STATA, JMP, Matlab, Statistica, and Prism, identifying results to use for drawing conclusions and establish significance, drawing inferences from results, presenting relevant results in tables/graphs, identifying potential weaknesses and limitations of the analysis
- Review of methods used for the analysis to check appropriateness for answering research questions
- Rerunning the analysis to validate the results and confirm reproducibility
- Critical feedback on the statistical methods, analysis and results, with actionable recommendations for improvement (including additional tests/analysis/highlighting of results that can be used for the Discussion/Conclusions sections)
- Clean and/or organize data/variables, rework the analysis based on new data or additional tests, and enhance standard figures and tables to create Illustrations
What you need:
- A Ph. D in one or more specialized subject areas in physical sciences, engineering, materials sciences, healthcare, life sciences, medicine, and surgery OR a Masters in the relevant subject area with minimum 4 years of experience in statistical analysis domain
- Minimum 5 publications in reputed journals in the relevant subject area.
- It is desirable that at least 2 publications (out of 5) should have significant statistical analysis in the methodology.
- Excellent English writing skill and attention to detail.
- Prior freelance writing experience is welcome but not mandatory.
Note: There is no mandatory time commitment. There is a fair amount of flexibility with working your schedule around the time required for each assignment.
Founded in 2002, Cactus Communications (cactusglobal.com) is a technology company accelerating scientific advancement. CACTUS solves problems for researchers, universities, publishers, academic societies, and life science organizations through innovative products and services developed under the brands Editage, Cactus Life Sciences, Researcher.Life, Impact Science, Paperpal, and Cactus Labs. CACTUS has offices in Princeton, London, Aarhus, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries. CACTUS is considered a pioneer in its workplace best practices, and has been consistently ranked a great place to work over the last several years.