Freelancer – Translation Reviewer for French to English Translations
Cactus provides translation services from several languages into English and vice versa, and caters primarily to customers from Academia (researchers, students, professors, etc.). The types of documents that we translate are primarily, but not limited to, research manuscripts and research theses. As per the scope of the “French to English Translation” service, Cactus translates French text into English; reviews the translation for accuracy, terminology, and language; and enhances the English output for academic consumption through English-language academic editors. Depending on the service type selected by the client, the first step of translation is either done by a human translation or is powered by state-of-the-art AI.
In the role of the translate reviewer for the French-to-English translation service (both human and AI translation service types), you will be required to:
- Ensure that the final translated output conveys the meaning and nuances of the source French text accurately.
- Revise the output where required to ensure clear and grammatically correct language output.
- Ensure that the terminology in the final output is correct as per the research field of the author.
- Ensure that there are no missing translations or mistranslations.
- Complete the assignments as per the time allocated to you and agreed by you.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in one of the following Subject Areas with basic familiarity with research. (Mandatory)
- Certification in translation (Preferable but not necessary)
- Minimum 2 years of translation experience
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written English skills.
- Receptiveness to feedback and willingness to change course if needed.
- Engineering and Technology
- Plant and Animal Science