Freelance writer, Content Marketing (Japanese)
As a freelance writer for CACTUS Content Marketing team, you will be contributing to Editage Insights. With 500,000+ visitors every month, this platform is committed to educating and inspiring researchers to achieve their career goals by providing access to resources, expert counsel, recommendations, and career advice. We are looking for experts and academics who can create original Japanese content that is creative, relevant and relatable to our Japanese researchers. You will be responsible for creating quality content that focuses on researcher pain points, offer possible solutions, and recommend CACTUS products/services as solutions for researchers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create keyword-rich original content (articles, infographic copy, video script, etc.) in Japanese within set deadlines
- Review and update copy based on feedback to ensure the final output that meets the objectives set for each project
- Gain a keen understanding of our target audience, the academic publishing process, challenges and news, and CACTUS products and solutions
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY:
- Get more visibility: Become an expert in your field in a growing researcher community that has a presence in Japan, China, Korea and rest of the world, with over 500,000 readers every month.
- Increase your outreach: Expand your network beyond your subject area or university/country to reach researchers across disciplines and build your profile as an expert for Editage Insights.
- Give back to the researcher community: Get a platform to share your knowledge with other researchers around the globe who will benefit from it
- Complete flexibility. You can work from anywhere in the world.
- Knowledge of the academic publishing industry, especially the issues faced by researchers in/from Japan, and the ability to use this knowledge to develop relevant/relatable content
- Comfortable with incorporating relevant keywords within content to optimize it
- Ability to repurpose existing content into different formats or other articles, etc.
- Great work ethics with ability to work across cultures, innovate, and initiate action to get results
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A post-graduate degree with at least 2-3 years of experience in the field
- Past writing experience, with a basic knowledge of the kind of copy that works in your market
- Fluency in Japanese and English, and proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Note: Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to contact those applicants who meet the mandatory qualifications listed above.