Freelance Video Editor
Who are we:
We are Impact Science, the strategic communication and amplification brand of Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) , conceived to provide author-centric bespoke services to enhance research impact throughout and beyond the project life cycles. We use nuanced understanding of digital communication to aid government agencies, publishers, journals, and academic societies with the repurposing and marketing of traditionally published scientific content to both niche and lay audiences.
- Coordinate with global solutions team and Studio team to establish the creative brief
- Coordinate with clients to establish the desired feel and look for the video to be created
- Gather and transfer all forms of media into editing software and ensure each was updated in the correct format
- Establish a clear understanding of the storyline and purpose of the video's creation
- Create an initial storyboard proposal draft of the video for client presentation & acquiring approval before digitally altering the video
- Improve video and sound quality using various video softwares
- Edit video to include preselected music, interviews, sound clips and other important aspects of the project
- Ensure the correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos according to client's specifications
Please note: This is a freelancing work from home opportunity. As a remote position, the candidate must have basic hardware for their remote workspace, including a working desktop or laptop computer reliable WIFI, and a smartphone or landline.
Requirements (Desired skills & experience):
- Graduation/ Post graduation in any subject. B.Des/ M.Des will be preferred
- 3+ years of proven work experience in video editing will be preferred
- Professional mastery of video and audio editing software and programs – Final Cut Pro, Premiere, After effects
- Ability to multitask and work toward several milestones on various projects simultaneously
- Fast and smart worker with creative experience in video editing, news editing, promos, etc.
- Ability to understand the desired outcome of a project when meeting with clients and the ability to bring them to life
- Experience editing various video projects and inserting sound effects, music and transitions
- Proficient in creating concept boards and other visual representations of planned edits for video projects
- Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation
- Ability to collaborate well with other creative professionals to supply clients with top-notch finalized product
Learn about our Culture:
CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us.
We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace. We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback