CACTUS provides translation services to help ESL (English-as-a-second-language) researchers communicate their science to the global scientific community.
We are looking for experienced translators to work on academic manuscripts written in Japanese/Korean/Chinese. To qualify, you must have technical expertise in your field. Experience working in a foreign-language setting will be preferred. Essentially, your work will involve translating an academic research paper from the original language to native English.
We currently have openings for freelance translators for the following language pairs:
You need to have:
- Fluency in at least one of the following languages: Japanese, Chinese, Korean, (essential)
- Native-level fluency in English (essential)
- An understanding and knowledge of technical terminology as expressed in the native language as well as in English is highly preferred
- Expertise/an advanced degree in any of the following fields: Chemistry, Materials Science, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Medicine, Plant & Animal Science, Neurology, Dentistry, Orthodontics, Biotechnology, Medical Devices, Psychology, and Healthcare
- Minimum 1 year of translation experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word
- Strong time management skills (you will be required to work on deadlines)
- Ability to work independently
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019).
- Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019).
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017).