Freelance Specialist Editors - Medicine
We’re currently looking for specialist freelance copyeditors and substantive editors in Medicine.
What you will do
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
Why this is a great opportunity for those searching for freelance editing jobs
- Freelance from anywhere
- Receive a predictable volume of work each month. The more you edit, the more you will earn. Our freelance editors edit 60,000 to more than 120,000 words a month
- Set your own timings and work hours; just ensure that you meet deadlines and the minimum monthly volume of 60,000 words
- There is no mandatory time commitment. However, editors typically tend to devote six to eight hours a day
- Get an inside view of research carried out worldwide
What you need
- A PhD/Master’s/Bachelor’s degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in Medicine, Surgery, or Healthcare
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great
We currently have openings in the following areas:
Medicine: Anatomy, Cardiology, Chiropractics, Dermatology, Gastroenterology and hepatology, Medical devices, Nephrology, Obstetrics and gynecology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, perinatology, and child health, Physical medicine and rehabilitation, Plastic surgery, Reproductive medicine, Rheumatology, Sexual health, Sports medicine, Surgery - Cardiac and cardiothoracic, Surgery, Transplantation – Surgery, Urology.
Cactus Communications is a global scientific communications company that collaborates with researchers across academic disciplines, universities, publishers, societies, and life science organizations to accelerate research impact. We offer editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life science organizations; AI-powered scholarly publishing solutions for journals and researchers; and solutions for science dissemination and engagement with peers, public, and policymakers for wider research outreach. We also incubate seed and early-stage startups that share our mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions. We have offices in London, Princeton, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries.
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019).
- Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019).
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017).