We’re currently looking for specialist freelance copyeditors and substantive editors.
Why this is a great opportunity for those searching for freelance editing jobs
- Flexibility to determine your schedule and work hours
- Additional fees of up to 20%
- Work from anywhere as this is a freelance job
What you will do
- Edit STEM papers such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target academic journal when required
- Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
What you need
- A PhD/Master’s/Bachelor’s degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in physical sciences, engineering, materials sciences, healthcare, life sciences, medicine and surgery
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
- Prior freelance editing experience is welcome but not mandatory
Detailed subject-area list:
Physical sciences: Engineering (all disciplines), Robotics, Automobile Engineering, Controls and Systems, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communication, Environmental Science, Energy, Indoor Air Quality, Nuclear Physics, Analytical Chemistry, Physical/ Computational Chemistry, General Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Nanochemistry, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Alloys, Nanomaterials, Ceramics/Glass, Materials Engineering, Engineering Geology, Ceramics, Glass, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Optics, Mineralogy, Remote Sensing, Climate Science, Stratigraphy, Sedimentology, Paleontology, Geodesy and Earth Sciences.
Healthcare: Cardiology, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Physical Medicine, Rehabilitation, Chemotherapy, Plastic Surgery, Epidemiology, Infectious Diseases, Public Health, Diabetes Research, Radiotherapy Planning
Life sciences: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Evolutionary Biology, Developmental Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Biomaterials, Biophysics, Biostatistics, Systems Biology, Physiology, Nanobiotechnology, Genetics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Toxicology, Drug Design & Development, Plant & Animal Genetics, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, Ecology, Taxonomy, Botany, Zoology, Neurosurgery, Computational Neuroscience
Medicine: Anatomy, Endocrinology, Dentistry, Radiology, Surgery, Medicine, Ophthalmology
Cactus Communications is a global scientific communications company that collaborates with researchers across academic disciplines, universities, publishers, societies, and life science organizations to accelerate research impact. We offer editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life science organizations; AI-powered scholarly publishing solutions for journals and researchers; and solutions for science dissemination and engagement with peers, public, and policymakers for wider research outreach. We also incubate seed and early-stage startups that share our mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions. We have offices in London, Princeton, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries.
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019).
- Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019).
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017).