Freelance Scientific Writer
CACTUS provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences.
CACTUS is recognized for its expertise in providing publications and medcom services to global client teams from the US, UK, Germany, and Japan, among other geographies. CACTUS acts as a trusted advisor and works as an extension of its client teams by not only delivering high-quality work consistently, but also providing strategic guidance for their medical communications needs. Click on the link to watch a short video of what makes us Global Publication Experts:http://bit.ly/2vFUABT
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to it employees. People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS. The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
If you are looking for challenging and rewarding work which combines your understanding of medical science and aptitude for writing into one unique job, the Scientific Writer role is for you. This is an opportunity to grow your career and make a greater impact on the lives around you.
Roles & Responsibilities: Click on the link to watch a short video testimonial on what it means to work with CACTUS as a Scientific Writer:
- You will use scientific expertise to develop high-quality, publication-ready scientific documents (manuscripts, posters, abstracts, slide kits, short communications, etc.) according to client needs under the expert guidance of the Scientific Team Lead
- You will act as a document specialist, provide intellectual input across document types, and contribute to making cutting-edge research accessible to specific audiences as appropriate, by maintaining current awareness of developments across therapeutic areas or disciplines.
- You will work with international pharmaceutical clients and liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including authors and key opinion leaders on critical therapeutic area issues
- Effectively and proactively communicate with team members, authors/faculty, clients, and vendors
- Attend workshops/seminars/Trainings to hone your skills and contribute to organizational objectives.
Whats in it for you?
1. Global exposure: We work with the top 10 Pharmaceutical companies across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
2. Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
3. Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
4. Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.
How to apply?
Send your updated CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to write to us in case you have any queries.
So how do we know that's you? You have the personality and the experience:
- PhD/MD (Pharmacology) OR PhD (Life Sciences) OR MBBS/MD (Internal Medicine) OR MPharm/M.Sc with a good understanding of clinical research and medical communication
- Publication experience, preferably as first author on papers published in medical journals
- Clear, concise, scientific style of writing, with a high level of attention to detail and superior English-language skills
- Basic knowledge of biostatistics
- Literature reviewing and evaluation capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines