Freelance Pharmaceutical Science Editor
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 200,000 clients across 116 countries.
We engage a global team of highly skilled freelance and contractual editors who are experts in various academic fields. CACTUS has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the FlexJobs list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
We are currently looking for specialist freelance copyeditors and substantive editors. Apply now!
What you will do
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific guidelines and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt your working style accordingly
- Meet deadlines (which are driven by client deadlines)
Why this is a great opportunity
- Telecommute from anywhere
- Set your own timings and work hours;
- Develop an understanding of the finer points of editing
- Get an inside view of research carried out worldwide
What you need
- A Post Doc/PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in Medicine, Surgery, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical Science
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience preferred)
Cactus Communications has international subsidiaries and offers editing, translation, medical writing, and other services to researchers, academic journals, and organizations worldwide.
At CACTUS, we believe that diversity enriches us. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to offering work opportunities regardless of race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity/expression, or sexual orientation.
Job location: Work from home
- Application process
Please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all applicant for this opportunity. However, we will only be in touch with applicants who have been shortlisted for this opportunity.