Freelance Korean <> English Translation Reviewers
CACTUS is a science communication and technology company. We specialize in AI products and solutions that improve how research gets funded, published, communicated, and discovered. Learn more: https://cactusglobal.com/
We are looking for experienced Korean to English and English to Korean translators to review academic manuscripts. To qualify, you must have technical expertise in your field. Prior work experience in a Korean translator job or in a foreign-language setting will be preferred.
In a translate review assignment, a reviewer thoroughly checks and revises an already translated document by comparing it with the source text. The objective of the review is to ensure that the translation is:
- Accurate in terms of both meaning and subject-specific terminology.
- Clear and free of any awkward or unnatural constructions.
- Free of any proofreading errors.
We currently have the following openings for freelance translation reviewers:
- Korean into English
- English into Korean
Qualifications and prerequisites:
- Fluency in the source and target languages: Korean or English
- An understanding and knowledge of technical terminology as expressed in the native language as well as in English is highly preferred
- Expertise/an advanced degree in any of the following fields:
- Earth and Environmental Science - Earth, Atmospheric, Planetary, Energy, Sustainability
- Engineering - Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical, Petroleum
- IT - Computer Science, IT
- Life Science - Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Plant and Animal Science
- Medicine - Medicine, Pharmacology, Nursing, Physiology, Healthcare, etc.
- Physical Science - Physics, Chemistry, Material sciences, Mathematics
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a Korean translator job, or equivalent experience in academic writing or editing
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs since 2016.
- Cactus Communications is Great Place to Work-Certified™ (2022). This means that the majority of our employees say we are a great place to work!
- Cactus Communications has been named one of Quartz's Best Companies for Remote Workers 2022.
- Recognised as one of India’s Best Workplaces in Health and Wellness (2021) by Great Place to Work
- Recognised as one of the ‘Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2021’ by HR Asia
- Featured among Asia’s 100 Most Admired Brands (2020)