Freelance English to Japanese Translators - Engineering and Humanities
CACTUS provides translation services to help ESL (English-as-a-second-language) researchers communicate their science to the global scientific community.
We are looking for experienced translation reviewers to work on academic manuscripts written in Japanese. To qualify, you must have technical expertise in your field. Experience working in a foreign-language setting will be preferred.
In a Translate review assignment, a translate reviewer thoroughly checks and revises an already translated document by comparing it with the source text. The object of the review is to ensure that the translation is:
- Accurate in terms of both meaning and subject-specific terminology.
- Clear and free of any awkward or unnatural constructions.
- Free of any proofreading errors.
We currently have openings for freelance translators for language pairs in:
- English to Japanese
You need to have:
- Fluency in Japanese (essential)
- Native-level fluency in English (essential)
- An understanding and knowledge of technical terminology as expressed in the native language as well as in English is highly preferred
- Expertise/an advanced degree in any of the following fields:
- Engineering and Technology
Minimum 1 year of translation, translation review, editing or other academic writing experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word
- Strong time management skills (you will be required to work on deadlines)
- Ability to work independently
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019).
- Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019).
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017)