Freelance Chinese to English Translation Reviewers
CACTUS provides translation services to help ESL (English-as-a-second-language) researchers communicate their science to the global scientific community.
We are looking for experienced translation reviewers to work on academic manuscripts written in Chinese. To qualify, you must have technical expertise in your field. Experience working in a foreign-language setting will be preferred.
In a Translate review assignment, a translate reviewer thoroughly checks and revises an already translated document by comparing it with the source text. The object of the review is to ensure that the translation is:
- Accurate in terms of both meaning and subject-specific terminology.
- Clear and free of any awkward or unnatural constructions.
- Free of any proofreading errors.
We currently have openings for freelance translation reviewers for language pairs in:
- Chinese to English
You need to have:
- Fluency in Chinese (essential)
- Native-level fluency in English (essential)
- An understanding and knowledge of technical terminology as expressed in the native language as well as in English is highly preferred
- Expertise/an advanced degree in any of the following fields:
- Earth and Environmental Science - Earth, Atmospheric, Planetary, Energy, Sustainability
- Life Science - Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Engineering - Electronic Engineering and Telecommunications
- Minimum 1 year of translation, translation review, editing or other academic writing experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word
- Strong time management skills (you will be required to work on deadlines)
- Ability to work independently
Founded in 2002, Cactus Communications (cactusglobal.com) is a technology company accelerating scientific advancement. CACTUS solves problems for researchers, universities, publishers, academic societies, and life science organizations through innovative products and services developed under the brands Editage, Cactus Life Sciences, Researcher.Life, Impact Science, Paperpal, and Cactus Labs. CACTUS has offices in Princeton, London, Aarhus, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries. CACTUS is considered a pioneer in its workplace best practices, and has been consistently ranked a great place to work over the last several years.
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- Cactus Communications is Great Place to Work-Certified™ (2022). This means that the majority of our employees say we are a great place to work!
- Recognised as one of India’s Best Workplaces in Health and Wellness (2021) by Great Place to Work
- Recognised as one of the ‘Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2021’ by HR Asia
- Featured among Asia’s 100 Most Admired Brands (2020)