Expert Translation Partner (Korean to English)
We are looking for an Expert Translator to function as a trainer, test grader, and to help us develop guidelines and best practices for translating academic content from Korean to English. As a partner, you are required to spend approximately 20 hours in a week working with us on various training, grading, and mentorship programs.
This will be a contractual position for 6 months and may be renewed by mutual consent.
Do note that while this is a remote working opportunity, the core teams that you will be partnering with work in the Asia Pacific time zone. To facilitate collaboration, you will need to spend a minimum of 20% of your weekly work hours between 0430 and 1400 GMT.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Partnering with our Training and Quality team to understand the focus areas and develop effective content for training sessions and webinars to be hosted on various platforms.
- Conducting training sessions with various groups of translators to improve their translation skills.
- Auditing the performance of translators throughout and after training programs.
- Making decisions on capabilities of translators in training groups.
- A formal degree or certification/accreditation in Korean translation from a reputable instituti
Prerequisites and Qualifications:
- A formal degree or certification/accreditation in Korean translation from a reputable institution
- 7+ years of academic translation experience
- Experience in translating using various Computer Assisted Translation Tools such as Memsource
- Experience in using various remote working tools, forms, and asynchronous communication tools such as MS Teams, Online MS Word, MS Forms.
- Publication in a reputed journal
- Prior experience in a teaching/mentorship role
At Editage, CACTUS, we provide researchers and universities with high-quality editorial and translation solutions that help them create publication-ready manuscripts from their research. Our translation service has helped the faculty and students of universities around the world in preparing manuscripts that reflect the highest standards of written English.
Behind this translation service is a well-oiled operational framework made up of more than a 1000 people, including translators, editors, customer service personnel, and process managers.