Editorial Reviewer, Materials Science and Chemistry (Night hours; Work-from-home)
Are you looking for a fulltime job opportunity that does not require you to travel?
- The average person spends 33 hours a month commuting to and from office. Put this time to better use!
- According to this Gallup poll, 37% of US employees already ‘telecommute’ (work from home). This trend is catching on in India, too.
- Telecommute jobs are just as important as office-based ones. Technology empowers you to work from anywhere.
At Cactus Communications, you can join a team of highly skilled reviewers who are experts in various academic fields. We’re currently hiring Reviewers for the Materials Science and Chemistry team on a fulltime work-from-home basis. As most of our assignments are due for delivery between 10 pm and 7 am IST, we are looking for individuals who are willing to review assignments during this time slot
What will you do:
- Perform quality assurance checks on edited manuscripts to ensure that they meet the standards of international publications
- Provide timely feedback to our editors
- Manage deadlines and ensure high quality standards
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Flexibility. You can work from anywhere in India.
- You will receive training to become adept at editing.
- You will have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
- At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry.
What you need:
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD degree in any sub-specialization of Materials Science and Chemistry
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
New college or university graduates are welcome to apply.
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019).
- Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019).
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017).
Job location: Telecommute
- Application process
- Take this short practice test to get a sense of the type of questions asked: bit.ly/mock-mcqs
- Got most of them correct? Proceed to the actual test: http://bit.ly/CACNIGHT
- Not quite there yet? Take this free self-paced course on the basics of language and editing: bit.ly/cactuseditingbasics. Once you are done, you should be better prepared for the actual test.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other open positions, visit cactusglobal.com/careers
Note: This is a fulltime opportunity, not part-time or freelance.