Editor, Medicine & Life Sciences (Work-from-home)
Are you looking for a full-time job opportunity that does not require you to travel?
- The average person spends 33 hours a month commuting to and from office. Put this time to better use!
- According to this Gallup poll, 37% of US employees already ‘telecommute’ (work from home). This trend is catching on in India, too.
- Telecommute jobs are just as important as office-based ones. Technology empowers you to work from anywhere.
At Cactus Communications, you can join a team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. We’re currently hiring Editors for the Biomedical Sciences on a full-time work-from-home basis.
- Edit medical manuscripts written by non-native authors to ensure that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to medicine job-specific instructions and format medical manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt working approach accordingly
- Meet deadlines
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You will receive training to become adept at medical editing.
- You will have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest trends in medicine and medical jobs, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
- At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry.
Qualifications and prerequisites:
- A Master’s/PhD degree in any sub-specialization of medicine or life sciences
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience in a medical editing or medical writing job is preferable but not mandatory
Founded in 2002, Cactus Communications (cactusglobal.com) is a technology company accelerating scientific advancement. CACTUS solves problems for researchers, universities, publishers, academic societies, and life science organizations through innovative products and services developed under the brands Editage, Cactus Life Sciences, Researcher.Life, Impact Science, UNSILO, Paperpal, and Cactus Labs. CACTUS has offices in Princeton, London, Aarhus, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries. CACTUS is considered a pioneer in its workplace best practices, and has been consistently ranked a great place to work over the last several years.
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- Cactus Communications is Great Place to Work-Certified™ (2022). This means that the majority of our employees say we are a great place to work!
- Recognised as one of India’s Best Workplaces in Health and Wellness (2021) by Great Place to Work
- Recognised as one of the ‘Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2021’ by HR Asia
- Featured among Asia’s 100 Most Admired Brands (2020)
Job location : Remote, anywhere in Europe and North America
- Application process
- Take this short practice test to get a sense of the type of questions asked: https://bit.ly/mock-mcqstest
- Got most of them correct? Proceed to the actual test: http://bit.ly/wecacedit
- Not quite there yet? Take this free self-paced course on the basics of language and editing: bit.ly/cactuseditingbasics. Once you are done, you should be better prepared for the actual test.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at email@example.com.
For other open positions, visit cactusglobal.com/careers
Note: This is a full-time opportunity, not part-time or freelance.