Editor - Dentistry (Work-from-home)
Are you looking for a full-time job opportunity that does not require you to travel?
- The average person spends 33 hours a month commuting to and from office. Put this time to better use!
- According to this Gallup poll, 37% of US employees already ‘telecommute’ (work from home). This trend is catching on in India, too.
- Telecommute jobs are just as important as office-based ones. Technology empowers you to work from anywhere.
At Cactus Communications, you can join a team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. We’re currently hiring Editors for the Biomedical Sciences team on a full-time work-from-home basis.
What will you do:
- Edit manuscripts written by non-native authors to ensure that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt working approach accordingly
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Flexibility. You can work from anywhere in India.
- You will receive training to become adept at editing.
- You will have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
- At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry.
What you need:
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD degree in any sub-specialization of Medicine or Life Sciences
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
New college or university graduates are welcome to apply.
Founded in 2002, Cactus Communications (cactusglobal.com) is a technology company accelerating scientific advancement. CACTUS solves problems for researchers, universities, publishers, academic societies, and life science organizations through innovative products and services developed under the brands Editage, Cactus Life Sciences, Researcher.Life, Impact Science, UNSILO, Paperpal, and Cactus Labs. CACTUS has offices in Princeton, London, Aarhus, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries. CACTUS is considered a pioneer in its workplace best practices, and has been consistently ranked a great place to work over the last several years.
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019).
- Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019).
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017).
Job location: Work from home anywhere in India
- Application process
- Take this short practice test to get a sense of the type of questions asked: https://bit.ly/mock-mcqstest
- Got most of them correct? Proceed to the actual test: http://bit.ly/wecacedit
- Not quite there yet? Take this free self-paced course on the basics of language and editing: bit.ly/cactuseditingbasics. Once you are done, you should be better prepared for the actual test.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other open positions, visit cactusglobal.com/careers
Note: This is a full-time opportunity, not part-time or freelance.