Editor, Business and Finance (Work-from-home)
Are you looking for a full-time job opportunity that does not require you to travel?
- The average person spends 33 hours a month commuting to and from office. Put this time to better use!
- According to this Gallup poll, 37% of US employees already ‘telecommute’ (work from home). This trend is catching on in India, too.
- Telecommute jobs are just as important as office-based ones. Technology empowers you to work from anywhere.
At Cactus Communications, you can join a team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. We’re currently hiring Editors for the Humanities team on a full-time work-from-home basis.
- Edit manuscripts written by ESL authors to ensure that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt working approach accordingly
- Meet deadlines
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You will receive training to become adept at editing.
- You will have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
- At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry.
Qualifications and prerequisites:
- A Master’s/PhD degree in the required subject area
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience in a medical editing or medical writing job is preferable but not mandatory
CACTUS is a science communication and technology company. We specialize in AI products and solutions that improve how research gets funded, published, communicated, and discovered. Learn more: https://cactusglobal.com/
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- Cactus Communications is Great Place to Work-Certified™ (2022). This means that the majority of our employees say we are a great place to work!
- Cactus Communications has been named one of Quartz's Best Companies for Remote Workers 2022.
- Recognised as one of India’s Best Workplaces in Health and Wellness (2021) by Great Place to Work
- Recognised as one of the ‘Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2021’ by HR Asia
- Featured among Asia’s 100 Most Admired Brands (2020)
Job location : Remote, anywhere in Europe and North America
- Application process
- Take this short practice test to get a sense of the type of questions asked: https://bit.ly/mock-mcqstest
- Got most of them correct? Proceed to the actual test: http://bit.ly/wecacedit
- Not quite there yet? Take this free self-paced course on the basics of language and editing: bit.ly/cactuseditingbasics. Once you are done, you should be better prepared for the actual test.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at email@example.com.
For other open positions, visit cactusglobal.com/careers
Note: This is a full-time opportunity, not part-time or freelance.