The Digital Designer demonstrates exceptional design skills and data visualization for the digital space. Works closely with Scientific Directors, Medical Writers, Digital Team, and Accounts Team to conceive and execute design concepts for complex scientific data and information. Responsible for developing, coordinating, and producing deliverables (including infographics, visual abstracts, storyboards, web pages) for a variety of clients working within the med affairs ecosystem. Able to innovate and offer creative digital solutions to meet the evolving needs of HCPs, patients, and payers.
- Translates text-heavy information into easily digestible and shareable visual assets
- Ensures that all relevant data and information is clearly communicated through design
- Designs deliverables, such as infographics, visual abstracts, landing pages, emails, banner ads, video storyboards, interactive content, simple animations, social media graphics, presentations
- Develops templates for repurposing as well as custom designs; graphs, figures, and charts; uses stock icons, and tweaks them or creates new designs as appropriate
- Collaborates with internal team and clients to provide guidance and best practices for concept, design, and production
- Leverages a multitude of visual styles as appropriate for different clients, tactics, and channels
- Provides multiple design options for projects, highlighting ability to think differently while still aligning with specific client guidelines and requests
- Creates with the digital environment in mind, including mobile responsive/adaptive design
- Stays up to date on digital trends within and outside of the med affairs space; applies learnings from other industries and adapts them to work within the med affairs framework
- 1-3 years’ experience in a design and/or data visualization role for pharma or medical affairs
- Ability to understand and communicate scientific information
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and/or Illustrator; PPT
- Solid understanding of designing for the digital space
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS, web design, and UI/UX a plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver within tight timelines
- Ability to work remotely with a global team across various time zones.
Cactus Communications is a technology company accelerating scientific advancement. We collaborate with researchers, universities, publishers, academic societies, and life science organizations. We offer AI-powered scholarly publishing solutions for journals and researchers; editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life science organizations; and solutions for science dissemination and engagement with peers, public, and policymakers for wider research outreach. We also incubate seed-stage and early-stage startups that share our mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions. We have offices in London, Princeton, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Aarhus, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries.
Awards and Recognitions
- Consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016
- Recognized as one of Asia’s 100 Most Admired Brands 2020 by White Page International (2020).
- Recipient of two bronze Stevie® Awards (Most Exemplary Employer and Most Valuable Corporate Response) at the 17th annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business (2020)
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019)
- Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019)
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017)
Connect with us on, LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram to remain abreast with the latest developments