Who we are:
Kolabtree is an on-demand platform with a vision to accelerate R&D and innovation through academia-business collaboration by connecting clients to highly qualified freelancers for advanced services. Put simply, we’re Uber for Scientists. We look for people who want to build something revolutionary – who are passionate and enjoy problem solving in an uncertain environment. Ever wondered what it would’ve felt like to be part of the founding teams at Airbnb or Google? This is your chance to find out!
About the opportunity:
We are looking for experienced Data Architect to join Kolabtree’s engineering team. As a valued member of the team, you will be the key contributor in long term data and analytics strategy of the platform.
- Design and setup a data hub for the organization.
- Create a fluid, end-to-end vision for how data will flow through an organization.
- Process structured data, semi structured data and un-structured data to derive business insights.
- Develop strategy to optimize data quality and data integrity of the platform.
- Optimize database architecture and design.
- Implement and support systems that reliably and efficiently provide interactive query performance on large amounts of multi-modal data.
- Integrate data from several internal and external sources.
- Troubleshoot and improve the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from variety of data sources.
- Create, design and customize data visualizations, including charts, tables and reports.
- Develop customized dashboards in Microsoft Power BI.
- Write queries to pull/summarize/analyze data from various data sets and platform.
- Write automated scripts to perform complex analysis.
- Collaborate with IT teams and management to devise a data strategy.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 7 to 8 years of relevant experience in data engineering and architecture
- Hands-on experience in setting up data warehouse / data lake for the organization / enterprises.
- Implementation experience in data technologies, including ETL tools.
- Coding experience with languages common in data engineering.
- Experience with large scale data and query optimization techniques.
- Technical expertise with data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Power BI, including expertise in implementing advanced AI & predictive Power BI features.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amount of data with attention to details and accuracy.
- Experience handling various types of databases.
- Experience working in cloud environment.
- Expertise in data modeling techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Certification in CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional) or equivalent would be an added advantage.
Learn about Our Culture:
CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us.
We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace.
We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback.