Contractor, Customer Service (Japan)
Please note: This is a 100% remote opportunity and you can work from any location within Japan.
Contract Period: 1 year
You will be part of Editage’s (www.editage.com / https://www.editage.jp/ ) CACTUS’ flagship brand 100+ member Customer Service team comprising of passionate customer advocates from 7+ different nationalities and cultures. We work across locations and time zones and use a combination of deep local knowledge, customer preferences, service understanding and passion to delight customers on every interaction.
- Interact with customers from Japan through calls (incoming and outbound), and emails to assist them in troubleshooting or investigating issues or complaints as well as promoting/selling the services
- Explain the details of services, send quotations to the customers for these services, answer any queries they may have regarding the service, and ensure that the lead are successfully converted.
- Manage customer drop-out calls (prospect/ shopping cart) to ensure that the customer returns
- Achieve sales KPI through follow up calls for conversion, etc.
- Deliver all customers’ requirements accurately and quickly in English to the relevant team so that team can come up with solutions
- Understand customer’s opinions and trends through conversations and share with relevant teams
- Build a positive work relationship with customers to enhance the reputation and public perception of CACTUS
- Support other team members with Japanese to English translation (if required)
- Support chat with customers (if required)You will be the one-point contact for all customers - responding to customer queries, sending quotations, job confirmations and sending completed jobs accurately and efficiently
Desired skills & traits:
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- Native level written and spoken Japanese language skills
- Good English speaking, writing and comprehension skills
- 1- 2 years’ previous experience in a customer service or related role is preferred (Freshers are welcome)
- Very strong customer focus and adaptability to different personality types and people from different cultures
- Ability to multi-task and manage stress, Strong negotiation skills
- Positive, passionate, open and keen to learn
- Spirit of ownership, integrity and mindfulness
Please note: This role may require you to work during Japan holiday, as well as during the weekend. In such cases, you will either receive a compensatory off or payment.
Cactus Communications is a technology company accelerating scientific advancement. We collaborate with researchers, universities, publishers, academic societies, and life science organizations. We offer editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life science organizations; AI-powered scholarly publishing solutions for journals and researchers; and solutions for science dissemination and engagement with peers, public, and policymakers for wider research outreach. We also incubate seed and early-stage startups that share our mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions. We have offices in London, Princeton, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Aarhus, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries.
Know about our Culture:
The CACTUS culture is the glue that binds us together as we work towards the same shared goal. We are “One CACTUS”. You are a Cactizen regardless of where you work. We take pride in our diversity, respect each other, and call out bias whenever we see it. We focus on outcomes rather than formalities. Everyone is on first-name basis. We are selective and hire only those who share our vision and values CACTUS has always been driven by its culture. It sets us apart and attracts people who want to maximize their potential at work and in life. It describes our unique work practices in three aspects: People & Life, Performance & Career, and Business & Leadership.