Content Reviewer, Impact Science
The Impact Science team unlocks the potential of scholarly publishers, academic societies, research institutions, science outreach organizations, and researchers by telling their science stories to the world. Using content formats and styles including plain language summaries, research news stories, infographics, videos, our writers, editors, graphic designers, animators, and web developers form a robust science communication team.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, then we may have a place for you.
What would your role entail?
- Reviewing work of other writers and designers to create engaging material in visual, oral, audio-visual, and other web and print formats
- Working with a team of science writers and designers to ensure quality and consistency across projects
- Communicating effectively with resources across functions with the objective of delivering projects against set timelines
- Must either hold or be pursuing a degree in science communication, scientific journalism, science, media production, public engagement, or similar programs, with professional experience highly preferred, OR must have previous experience in any of a wide range of professional science communication careers with media and science organizations, including creative agencies working in spaces adjacent to science media, such as healthcare communications.
- Must have excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills (written and verbal) and be flexible.
- Have the skill to review and rework summaries and storyboards within the scheduled timelines.
- Must be super enthusiastic about making a difference to how science is communicated!