Associate Publications Coordinator, Publication Support Services
Please Note: This is a 100% remote full time opportunity and you can work from any location in India.
We would like a customer-focused expert, with a flair for understanding and interpreting scientific information, to join the join the Publication Support Services (PSS) team at CACTUS. Our clients are predominantly researchers whose first language is not English.
The PSS team offers a full range of services to meet authors’ publication needs, including conducting a literature review, selecting journals appropriate for their manuscripts, preparing their manuscripts for submission with technical content review and language edit, and assistance with the journal submission process.
Process management: Your role will primarily involve coordination of processes with internal and external stakeholders to meet client requirements and completing projects within prespecified timelines. This will include managing ‘packs’ for clients, making decisions on how to proceed with packs, and taking appropriate next steps.
Communication: This will be an integral part of your role. You will communicate directly with clients to understand their needs, obtain required information from them to make decisions about next steps, and ensure that their expectations and preferences are being met through our internal and external stakeholders.
Quality assurance: You will be required to perform quality assurance checks on the operational processes during pack management. In addition, you will perform root cause analysis on client complaints to identify and implement sustainable solutions.
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences with 2-4 years’ experience
- Experience interpreting scientific information
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with professionals from different fields, both internal and external
- Ability to build excellent working relationships and gain the respect and confidence of others
- Ability to accurately interpret and present data in appropriate formats
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and work effectively
- Excellent IT and IS skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office applications (especially Word)
- Ability to read, digest and interpret complex documents including varying types of research manuscripts
- Ability to process specialist and complex information and present as appropriate
- Ability to absorb information from several sources quickly and be able to make well informed judgements in a timely manner
- Ability to learn new information and processes in a limited time period; e.g. familiarize oneself with checklists, technology platforms etc.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to make well informed decisions on a continuous basis