Associate Editor, Psychology (Telecommute)
Role and Responsibilities:
Our editing team provides language and other publication support services to authors across the globe. Our clients are predominantly researchers whose first language is not English.
We are looking for Associate Editors in the fields of Psychology.
You will report to the Team Manager.
As an Associate Editor, you will be required to perform quality assurance checks on edited manuscripts to ensure that they meet the standards of international publications. While your role will primarily involve reviewing the work of our editors and providing them with timely feedback, you may also be required to edit some manuscripts.
1. Global exposure: At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry. You will also have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
2. Culture & Team: Our core values are Trust, Excellence, Integrity, Communication, Innovation, and Fun. By internalizing these and maintaining a culture of high performance, our dedicated team works together to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction.
3. Learn & Grow: You will be trained to become adept at editing and reviewing academic manuscripts. Our goal is to help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
4. Satisfaction & Recognition: As part of our editing team, you will directly work with authors. We facilitate the dissemination of research by helping authors overcome some of the many challenges in the publication process. We ensure that good performance is recognized and rewarded in a timely manner and offer competitive salaries on par with industry standards.
- A degree (bachelor’s, master’s, PhD, etc.) in Psychology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Note that this is employment for a full-time position (telecommute) in India. We don’t believe in signing bonds. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
Founded in 2002, Cactus Communications (cactusglobal.com) is a technology company accelerating scientific advancement. CACTUS solves problems for researchers, universities, publishers, academic societies, and life science organizations through innovative products and services developed under the brands Editage, Cactus Life Sciences, Researcher.Life, Impact Science, UNSILO, Paperpal, and Cactus Labs. CACTUS has offices in Princeton, London, Aarhus, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries. CACTUS is considered a pioneer in its workplace best practices, and has been consistently ranked a great place to work over the last several years.
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019).
- Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019).
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017).
Job location: Work from home anywhere in India
- Application process
- Take this short practice test to get a sense of the type of questions asked: https://bit.ly/mock-mcqstest
- Got most of them correct? Proceed to the actual test: http://bit.ly/wecacedit
- Not quite there yet? Take this free self-paced course on the basics of language and editing: bit.ly/cactuseditingbasics. Once you are done, you should be better prepared for the actual test.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other open positions, visit cactusglobal.com/careers
Note: This is a full-time opportunity, not part-time or freelance