Associate Customer Service Manager
Please note: This is a 100% remote opportunity and you can work from any location within Japan.
You will be part of Editage’s (www.editage.com / https://www.editage.jp/ ) CACTUS’ flagship brand 100+ member Customer Service team comprising of passionate customer advocates from 7+ different nationalities and cultures. We work across locations and time zones and use a combination of deep local knowledge, customer preferences, service understanding and passion to delight customers on every interaction.
- Interact with customers from Japan through calls (incoming and outbound) to assist them in troubleshooting or investigating issues or complaints as well as promoting/selling the services
- Manage customer drop-out calls (prospect/ shopping cart) to ensure that the customer returns
- Achieve sales KPI through follow up calls for conversion, etc.
- Deliver all customers’ requirements accurately and quickly in English to the relevant team so that team can come up with solutions
- Understand customer’s opinions and trends through conversations and share with relevant teams
- Build a positive work relationship with customers to enhance the reputation and public perception of CACTUS
- Support other team members with Japanese to English translation (if required)
- Support chat with customers (if required)You will be the one-point contact for all customers - responding to customer queries, sending quotations, job confirmations and sending completed jobs accurately and efficiently
Desired skills & traits
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- Native level written and spoken Japanese language skills
- Good English speaking, writing and comprehension skills
- 1- 2 years’ previous experience in a customer service or related role is preferred (Fresh graduates are welcome)
- Very strong customer focus and adaptability to different personality types and people from different cultures
- Ability to multi-task and manage stress, Strong negotiation skills Positive, passionate, open and keen to learn
- Basic computer knowledge is required
- Ability to empathize with the customer to find out the way to anticipate what a customer wants though active listening
- Spirit of ownership, integrity and mindfulness
Please note: Shift timings are as follows:
Weekdays 9:30 am JST to 9:00 pm JST (Rotational 9 hour shifts – with one hour break for lunch)
Weekends (Saturdays) - 12:30 pm JST to 9:30 pm JST
This role may require you to work during Japan holiday. In such cases, you will either receive a compensatory off or payment.
Learn about Our Culture
CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us.We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace.We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback.