Apple Support Technician (Contractual Opportunity)
Who we are and what we do
Founded in 2002, Cactus Communications (CACTUS) is a global scientific communications company that collaborates with researchers across academic disciplines, universities, publishers, societies, and life science organizations to accelerate research impact. CACTUS’ portfolio of products and services meet a wide spectrum of research needs: Editage provides editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; Cactus Life Sciences offers strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life sciences organizations; PubSURE is the first AI-powered scholarly publishing platform connecting journals and researchers; Impact Science ensures wider research impact via dissemination solutions and research engagement with peers, public, and policy makers; Cactus Labs Powering all CACTUS businesses with latest technologies is its innovation and R&D cell. We also incubate seed and early stage start-ups that share its mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions.
CACTUS is an international enterprise with offices in Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, London, Princeton, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Singapore; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 173 countries.
About the role:
We are looking for a self-motivated person, either an IT Graduate Fresher having Apple Mac Technician certification or having 2+ years of experience proven as an Apple Support Engineer.
- Interact with users over phone, email, chat or in person to understand the issue they are facing with regards to software & hardware, explain the solution and accordingly resolve it
- Ask users targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Refer to internal knowledge database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including Laptop/MAC configuration, account setup and network configuration
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to internal subject matter experts or teams or external vendor and follow-up till closure
- Carry out data back-ups of Apple/Macintosh equipment, computers with other operating systems, such as Windows and Linux, and servers
- Partner with internal teams to install, upgrade, and maintain equipment and the infrastructure required for them. Perform diagnostic tests to evaluate and isolate system problems and suggest suitable solutions
- Assess system configuration and software so that hardware resources can be used effectively
- Install, configure, and fix Mac Operating System, their peripherals, and mobile devices
- Graduate degree in IT or any other field
- 2- 4 years’ experience as an Apple Support Engineer or Certification in Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)
- Should be comfortable with 24x7 rotational shifts
- Good English verbal and communication skills
- Excellent listening & questioning skills
- Familiar with Apple’s operating system for its Macintosh computers
- Experience in working with Apple’s Remote Support technology, Apple Remote Desktop, Mac OS, MS Office software for Mac and Mac imaging solutions
- Knowledge of iCloud & software installation / uninstallation, twinning or tweaking is required
- Basic knowledge of Windows OS is required