- The role of Account Director is to act as a client partner in driving business growth, increase market share in assigned accounts for all offerings of Cactus Life Sciences which include Publications, Medical Communication, Medical Information, Digital Engagement within Medical Affairs. The role also involves managing day to day client relationship activities
- Key responsibility is to drive growth by (a) developing business to achieve top line goals in assigned or break-in accounts, and (b) strengthening the organization’s partnership with existing clients. The individual is expected to work independently in developing business opportunities with existing clients, while collaborating extensively with multiple internal stakeholders to effectively maximize every opportunity.
- Strong understanding of publications and medical communication services is required
- Experience in selling/executing digital solutions in medical communication
- Understanding of end stakeholder preferences for consuming content
- Demonstrated success in growing accounts from a small portfolio to an enterprise account (grew from $0.5 mn.-$ 2mn. +) in 1-2 years’ timeframe
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute strategic and robust account plans- identifying key decisionmakers in client organization across all levels, developing and engagement plan, building strong relationships, identifying key strategic priorities of client organization and aligning goals to our vision and client’s strategic priorities.
- Directly responsible for a quota of $1mn.+ from assigned account(s)
- Identifying appropriate targets within accounts and expanding footprint among existing accounts in the various areas of our services as a company. Leveraging past relationships to open new services across the globe in the assigned accounts.
- Developing business to achieve top line goals in assigned or break-in in different TAs, stakeholders within client accounts, and strengthen the organization’s partnership with existing clients - in the medical communication and publication areas
- Meet with and/or speak with assigned clients and adding value added suggestions to client needs, negotiate & close proposals, either alone or with the support of lead account personnel for more complex initiatives.
- Respond to RFPs, prepare project proposals and coordinate implementation and follow-up, including preparing and delivering professional client presentations for sales purposes
- Staying ahead of competition by mapping competitive strengths/limitations and devising strategies to replace competition
- Take the lead and actively participate in solutioning (digital/tactical) for client problems
- Proactively assess client deliverables and advice enhancements that can add value to clients and generate more revenues
- Engaging with senior leadership in the client organizations and medical community at large to position CACTUS as an industry thought-leading and innovative organization
- Defining new solutions and services to further expand our market footprint and working closely with operations to strengthen existing capabilities, build new solutions and capabilities – short-term and long-term
- Be self-motivated and driven to close sales independently
- Obsessed with ‘customer first’ mindset and influencing team decisions to make clients problems/goals the top priority
- Create and foster a working relationship with assigned clients to develop an understanding of the client’s market, product profile, therapeutic area, competitors and trends so this can be applied when interacting with clients and developing business proposals.
- Helping clients define and achieve their business goals, preparing annual strategic and tactical plans for each client, and individual campaign/project plans throughout the year.
- Manage and take responsibility for all client contact —internal and external—with a consistent focus on agency profitability, resource productivity and growth, client satisfaction and endorsement of agency’s superior capability
- Responsible for preparing SOWs, revenue forecasting; meeting quarterly revenue targets; managing expenses
- Prepare client reports based on agreed metrics, governance structure
- Provide strategic oversight/guidance for internal work as well as meet client expectations
- Interact and work with all relevant team members to providing information that may assist in day-to-day work.
- Work with the project team to drive day-to-day project management of your assigned projects within an account and be the primary point of contact for the client.
- Support leadership team in assessing the staffing and operations requirements to successfully execute new business ventures and strategies
- Evaluate patterns of performance, teamwork, process management and business practices which, if changed, could improve agency profitability, resource effectiveness and productivity, overall client satisfaction and market competitiveness
- Understand client data and provide strategic and scientific feedback to the medical team
- Understanding of current trends in digital medical communication and ability to co-solution with internal team
- Attend relevant conferences as needed
- Manage the assigned Account teams on all proposed and sold business
- Lead peers and junior staff members, acting as a strong role model for less experienced individuals through both direct development and example of exceptional performance
- Provide frequent performance feedback and coaching to improve the capability and productivity of assigned internal staff resources
- Establish, monitor and deliver on project timeline in partnership with fellow internal team members
- Cultivate team performance in such a way as to encourage personal growth and development
- Strong domain understanding
- Scientific selling
- Digital solutioning
- Relationship management: building relationships with senior stakeholders in client organizations
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to handle tough clients/business situations
- Effectively collaborating while working with remote teams
- Understanding of cultural nuances
- Understanding business challenges of a global operating model and using it to our advantage
- Conflict management
Know about our Culture:
The CACTUS culture is the glue that binds us together as we work towards the same shared goal.
We are “One CACTUS”. You are a Cactizen regardless of where you work.
We take pride in our diversity, respect each other, and call out bias whenever we see it.
We focus on outcomes rather than formalities. Everyone is on first-name basis.
We are selective and hire only those who share our vision and values
CACTUS has always been driven by its culture. It sets us apart and attracts people who want to maximize their potential at work and in life. It describes our unique work practices in three aspects: People & Life, Performance & Career, and Business & Leadership.