3D Graphic Designer (Freelancer)
Who are we:
We are Impact Science, the strategic communication and amplification brand of Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) , conceived to provide author-centric bespoke services to enhance research impact throughout and beyond the project life cycles. We use nuanced understanding of digital communication to aid government agencies, publishers, journals, and academic societies with the repurposing and marketing of traditionally published scientific content to both niche and lay audiences.
At Impact Science, we are looking for a 3D Designer who is interested in creating science-based 3D art for journal covers
- Develop high quality 3D abstract illustrations based on scientific concepts.
- Closely work with scientific writers to visualize and design the artwork.
- Troubleshoot problems on reintegration of outsourced assets into the 3D art.
- Develop sculpts, assets and textures for 3D arts.
- Ensure to meet high artwork standards.
- Understand the project requirements and develop high quality 3D models accordingly.
Please note: This is a freelancing opportunity. As a remote position, the candidate must have basic hardware for their remote workspace, including a working desktop or laptop computer reliable WIFI, and a smartphone or landline.
Requirements (Desired skills & experience):
- Graduation/ Diploma in 3D Design or equivalent
- 2+ years of proven work experience in 3D designing will be preferred
- Proficient in any 3D designing software (3D Studio Max, C4D, Blender or Maya) and Photoshop
- Strong creative ability with good design flair; Extremely organized, meticulous with details and versatile
- Excellent time management with a proven ability to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Good communication skills to carry out verbal & written instructions
Cactus Communications is a global technology company accelerating scientific advancement. We collaborate with researchers, universities, publishers, academic societies, and life science organizations. We offer editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life science organizations; AI-powered scholarly publishing solutions for journals and researchers; and solutions for science dissemination and engagement with peers, public, and Policymakers for wider research outreach. We also incubate seed and early-stage start-ups that share our mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions.
We have offices in London, Princeton, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Aarhus, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries.
Learn about our Culture:
CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us.
We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace. We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback